Everything at the camp froze overnight, the ponds turned a weird green

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NORTHERN LIGHTS – Kangerlussuaq, Greenland

 We did see Northern Lights in Greenland, while I was still on the ship from Illulisat down to Kangerlussuaq, but I hadn't got my head around taking photos of them at that stage, and the results were patchy. I went outside at night when I was staying at the Polar Lodge at Kangerlussuaq, about 10pm or so, and was entranced to see the lights playing in the sky. Also, at Illulisat, the lights were there again, dancing all over the sky.  Such an entrancing sight! I needed to be rugged up warm; it was pretty darn cold, My hands were absolutely freezing. 
Having a tripod is a must. And Jude – my little light weight Sirui tripod was just the job, as long as it wasn't too windy.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so amazing. Pink shades of northern lights looks beautiful and I want to see this. I an planning Trip to see the northern lights

    ReplyDelete